by Dr. Daniel Prather
by Dr. Daniel Prather
Airport Management is an up-to-date and industry-relevant textbook providing useful insight into all aspects of airports. With more than a decade of experience as an airport administrator, author Dr. Daniel Prather, A.A.E., CAM, provides a valuable, real-world perspective with an emphasis on the practical application required for the successful management and operation of airports.
This comprehensive resource covers:
- history of airports and the airline industry
- airport structure and ownership
- air traffic, capacity, and delay—and techniques to manage demand
- airport planning and the role of aviation activity forecasts
- design an construction
- environmental impacts and regulatory compliance
- airport operations and maintenance, with a focus on 14 CFR Part 139
- safety and security
- governmental, legal, and public relations
- properties, contracts, and commercial development
- financial management, capital development funding, and the economic impact of airports
- future challenges and opportunities for airports
Written in an easy-to-read format with illustrations throughout, each chapter contains objectives, key terms, features, questions for review and discussion, and suggested resources for further study. Airport Management provides a comprehensive introduction to this career as well as useful scenarios and case studies to equip airport professionals with the essential knowledge and tools to solve contemporary issues faced on the job.
Dr. Prather is the designated Airport Certified Employee (ACE)—Operations trainer for the American Association of Airport Executives, having trained airport professionals nationwide in Part 139 airport certification. His leadership courses have been presented to audiences nationwide throughout the National Business Aviation Association (NBAA) and the Helicopter Association International (HAI).
Copyright © 2015-2020 Aviation Supplies & Academics, Inc. All rights reserved.
Author: Dr. Daniel Prather
Dimensions: 21cm x 27cm
Page Count: 656 pages (print edition)
Illustrations: Color throughout
Weight: 2.3 kg
|Unit Of Measure||ea|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Flight Store Pty Ltd users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.
Others Also Bought
More From This Category