Anti Corrosion - ACF-50 Formula 4 litre Bottle
ACF-50, Anti-Corrosion Formula, is a state of the art, anti-corrosion/lubricant compound, that has been specifically designed for the Aero Space Industry. ACF-50 is manufactured under ISO 9000 Certified Processes.
It can be described as an ultra-thin fluid film compound which must be applied on an annual basis. ACF-50 actively penetrates through the corrosion deposits to the base of the cell where it emulsifies and encapsulates the electrolyte, lifting it away from the metal surface. ACF-50 then dispels this moisture and provides an atmospheric barrier which prevents any further moisture contact, thereby keeping the cell inactive. This compound continues to actively penetrate and "creep" into the tightest of seams, lap joints, micro cracks and around rivet heads, dissipating the moisture, even salt water, in these corrosion prone areas. These unique abilities of ACF-50 remain effective for 12 months, gradually disappearing as it is chemically consumed.
- ACF-50 is designed with the professional aerospace technician in mind. ACF-50 should be used within the guidelines established by the OEM or governing agency for the prevention, control, or repair of corrosion.
- ACF-50's active Thin Fluid Film chemistry penetrates corrosion deposits where it chemically emulsifies and displaces the electrolyte. This isolation process keeps the corrosion cell deactivated.
- On new metal ACF-50 forms a self-healing barrier that prevents corrosion from starting. ACF-50 remains physically and chemically effective for up to two years.
- It is important to emphasize that ACF-50 is also an excellent lubricant but does NOT contain any wax, resin, silicon or Teflon... compounds that can gum up mechanisms, block drain holes, or trap moisture to cause corrosion.
- Although ACF-50 is used primarily in the aviation industry it can be used virtually anywhere that corrosion is a problem. Applications such as interior metal surfaces, structural assemblies, micro switches, avionic components, solenoids/motors, battery terminals etc.
Corrosion simply stated is a natural phenomenon which destroys most metals by either a chemical or electrochemical reaction. The metal is converted, usually with the help of an electrolyte, into a stable metallic compound such as an oxide, hydroxide, or sulfate. The rate at which metals corrode depends greatly on the environment they are exposed to, and the amount of preventive maintenance they receive. Metals that are exposed to marine atmospheres, moisture, tropical temperatures, and industrial chemical atmospheres have the highest rate of corrosion. The tendency of metals to corrode creates a serious problem in the area of aircraft operation.
ACF-50 ANTI-CORROSION FORMULA HOW IT WORKS
ACF-50, Anti-Corrosion Formula, is a state of the art, anti-corrosion lubricant compound, specifically designed tor the Aero Space Industry. It is an ultra Thin Fluid Film Compound (TFFC) that actively treats metal using advanced polar bonding technology. As seen from the diagrams, ACF-50's synthetic inhibitors and active chemistry penetrates through the oxide deposits (white powder) to the base of the corrosion cell where it emulsifies, encapsulates, and then lifts the electrolyte away from the metal surface. ACF-50 then allows this moisture to evaporate while providing an atmospheric barrier that prevents further moisture contact. With the electrolyte removed the corrosion process is halted. ACF-50 actively penetrates and "creeps" into the tightest seams, lap joints, micro cracks, and around rivet heads, displacing moisture and other corrosive fluids (orange juice, coke, coffee, salt water) in these corrosion prone areas. ACF-50's thin film acts like an "OFF SWITCH" for corrosion remaining effective for up to 24 months.
KILLS CORROSION ON CONTACT
PREVENTS AND DEACTIVATES CORROSION ON
METALS AND ELECTRONICS
SAFELY LUBRICATES AND PEMETRATES MECHANISMS
SAFELY LUBRICATES AND PEMETRATES MECHANISMS
Being 'Pro Active' about corrosion control is the best way to protect your investment. Regular ACF-50 treatments reduce maintenance costs and improve overall flight safety. Lear Chemicals pioneered application methods and specially designed equipment to deliver ACF-50’s penetrating fog to all critical aircraft structure. Only ACF-50's advanced corrosion control properties protect both the airframe and avionics systems. The US government, commercial airlines, fleet operators, and general aviation users have, through years of testing and use, proven ACF-50 delivers tough anti-corrosion protection. ACF-50 has endorsements or approvals from over thirty airframe OEMs and meets industry (AIRBUS, Boeing, Douglas, Mil-Spec) anti-corrosion performance requirements.
The FAA also recognizes ACF-50 as a “suitable corrosion preventative compound.”
PROTECTS AIRFRAME AND COMPONENTS
PROTECTS AIRFRAME AND COMPONENTS
REDUCE MAINTENANCE COSTS
- 30+ Years proven track record at preventing & deactivating corrosion
- Approvals from over thirty airframe OEMs AIRBUS, Boeing, Douglas, Mil-Spec
- Significantly reduces corrosion events in hath structure & electrical systems
- Easy and inexpensive to apply
- Ultra this Film promotes weight reduction, improving payload capacity
- Non-toxic / Pleasant odor
- Protects against all common electrolytes
- Will not interfere with NDT procedures
- ACF-50 is an excellent penetrant
- ACF-50 provides excellent low-shear lubrication to moving parts and cables
- ACF-50 kills any corrosion currently in progress with just one application - removal of the corrosion by-product is not necessary
- ACF-50 is good for rubber, preventing it from cracking or drying out
- ACF-50's unique properties will last for 24 months before it is consumed and needs to be re-applied (most applications)
- The ultra-thin-film does not attract and hold salt crystals and dirt particles
- The ultra-thin film does not "dry". It stays a flexible liquid and therefore seals the surface better as the surface expands and contracts
- ACF-50 will not displace or melt any grease which is already in place. It will mix with it and make it more efficient
- ACF-50 will not support combustion
- ACF-50 has a very low percentage of Volatile Organic Compounds (less than 17%)
- ACF-50 is non-carcinogenic and virtually non-toxic. Incidentally, full toxicality testing has been done to support this claim
- ACF-50 can be easily removed with MEK or soap and water
- ACF-50 will not harm any plastics or painted surfaces
- ACF-50 can be safely applied to electronics such as radios, timers, test equipment, antenna connections, computers, etc. However, we recommend you avoid using it on LED's, LCD's and soft membrane switches
- ACF-50 can be safely applied to electrical components such as alternators, starters, magnetos, generators, distributors, carburetors, wiring, switches, rheostats, compressors, battery terminals, light bulb sockets, electrical connectors, circuit breakers, ignition systems, wire harnesses, etc.
- ACF-50 is qualified under Mil-C- 81309, Amendment 3, Type II. It also meets the performance requirements of BMS 3-23E, CSD#1, DMS 2150, and TN A 007.10138. It is also listed on the United States Coast Guard Authorized Chemical List for the HC-130 platform
- ACF-50 holds written OEM approvals from the following manufacturers: Bombardier Regional Aircraft, Douglas/Boeing Helicopter, ATR Regional Transport, Bell Helicopter Textron, The New Piper Aircraft, Gulfstream Aerospace, Robinson Helicopter, McDonnell Douglas, Enstrom Helicopter, Schweitzer Aircraft, British Aerospace, Concorde Battery, Raytheon Aircraft, Sikorsky Aircraft, MD Helicopters, Cessna Aircraft, Pilatus Aircraft, Beech Aircraft, Van's Aircraft, Extra Aircraft, Hiller Aircraft, Air Tractor, Lake Aircraft, Rolls-Royce, Britten-Norman Aircraft, Learjet, and Canadair
- Non Hazardous
- Non Regulated
- Non Toxic
- AIR Non Toxic
- Air Non Hazardous
- Size: 4 Ltr
- Weight: 4kg
|Unit Of Measure||ea|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Flight Store Pty Ltd users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.
Others Also Bought
More From This Category