Our Nflightcam Cockpit Kit for Smartphones provides secure mounting, propeller filtering, and cockpit audio recording to capture the full story of your flight.
Today's smartphone is one of the most effective video-capture devices available, with unprecedented video quality and ease of use. With the addition of our kit, it is possible to securely mount your phone with an endless variety of aiming options, record cockpit audio and ATC, and remove the propeller distortion from your video.
This kit includes:
- Nflightcam Audio Recording Cable for Smartphones
- Nflightcam Smartphone Propeller Filter and Adapter
- Nflightcam Vacuum Pump Suction Cup and Articulating Arm
- Nflightcam Smartphone Cradle
- Nflightcam Case
Compatible with all smartphones with a 3.5mm audio jack. Other smartphones require pairing with their adapters.
1. Audio Cable Setup - Plug the 1/4" male plug on the cable into the 1/4" female jack in the aircraft. Plug the 1/4" male headset plug into the 1/4" female jack on the cable. Plug the 3.5mm plug into the 3.5mm headset jack on your smartphone. If your smartphone jack is not 3.5mm, insert our 3.5mm plug into your phone's adapter before connecting to your smartphone.
Please note: The audio cable can be plugged into any active headset jack; it does not have to be connected to a headset that is in use.
2. Propeller Filter Setup - Clip the filter over your smartphone camera lens and check image to ensure the edges of the filter are not in the image. The propeller filter is optimized to remove the propeller in 90% of the conditions encountered on a typical VFR flight. Performance will decrease when pointed directly into the sun.
3. Mounting - Place your smartphone in the provided cradle and secure by tightening the knob to fit to the width of your phone. Attach the cradle to the articulating arm on the suction cup. Mount the suction cup to a clean, smooth, relatively flat surface in the cockpit by applying gentle pressure while pumping until a solid suction grip is achieved. Use the knob on the articulating arm to adjust the angles to aim your phone.
Note on suction:
If the red line on the pump begins to show, this is a warning that a pressure change in your aircraft is starting to compromise the suction. No worries! Simply give it a few more pumps to reestablish good suction, and the red line will be hidden again.
Remember that altitude changes cause pressure changes, so suction cups mounts should never be attached to the outside of a plane!
*Smartphone not included
|Unit Of Measure||ea|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Flight Store Pty Ltd users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.