Avmap EKP V EFIS System for Light Sport & Experimental Aircraft
The AvMap EFIS System Includes:
- AvMap EKP V: GPS navigator, EFB, PFD
- AvMap Cockpit Docking Station
- AvMap A2 ADAHRS module
- AvMap GPS receiver
This System allows the EKP V to be used as the EFIS Electronic Flight Instrument Display
Connects to Pitot Static System via A2 Module and Provides
- Attitude (Roll, Pitch & Heading Angle)
- Wind Estimation
- Side Slip Indicator
- Vertical Speed
The system can be connected with Third Party Instruments and Accessories:
- Collision avoidance systems
- Video cameras
Two Versions Available
STD: Standard version supplied with quick-release connector for docking station.
OEM: Original Equipment version supplied with solder connector for docking station.
A brilliant 7 inch display, with built-in battery and GPS, only 0.8 inch thick. EKP V is slim and light, yet very powerful: with built in u-blox 5 GPS receiver, built-in battery and speakers.
Offering Full Connectivity
Thanks to the special Docking Station, you can connect EKP V to several on-board devices at the same time (autopilot, XM WX, CAS, EIS, EFIS etc.) so that the large 7 inch LCD becomes multifunctional and capable to display different flight info.
Easily change the layout choosing what to see and where to display it: maps, taws, weather, vertical profile on map, nav data, HSI, EFIS. Set different PROFILES for different aircrafts with different settings for taws, selective display and even different hard keys configurations.
The new practical keyboard includes a configurable key, a progressive jostick and a smart wheel selector. Ease of use is ensured by the new graphic interface and the full qwerty virtual keyboard.
Cockpit Docking Station
- The Hub of your integrated avionic system.
- The EKP V Cockpit Docking Station allows the installation of AvMap EKP V Aeronautical Navigator into the cockpit, and enables the unit to interface to multiple external devices at the same time.
- The Cockpit Docking Station is conceived to host the EKP V when used as part of the basic on board instrumentation, becoming the hub of your integrated avionic system.
A2 ADAHRS Module
The Avmap A2 ADAHRS module extends the functionality of the EKP V Aeronautical Navigator and turns it into Avmap EFIS (Electronic Flight Instrumentation System), a centralised display for both navigation and primary flight information.
The Docking Station transforms the EKP V large 7” LCD into a true multifunctional display and fight information system.
When docked the EKP V is powered by the aircraft electrical system and it can connect to several on-board devices at the same time such as: AvMap’s IMU, third-party autopilots, XM WX, Zaon XRX.
The CDS includes 4 USB ports, 2 serial ports, Audio video input (NTSC and PAL) , Audio output. The external GPS antenna is included in the box.
Video on your EKP V
The Cockpit Docking Station includes an Audio video input (NTSC and PAL) that allows connecting the EKP V to video cameras with very useful applications for tail-draggers, or monitoring flights.
When docked, the EKP V is powered/charged by the aircraft electrical system (through a socket vibration proof for power supply AVG 16).
One of the USB ports is powered by the EKP V internal battery to ensure functionality even in case of aircraft electrical power failure.
DB 15 Connections
- 4 x USB 2.0 ports (1 x battery powered by EKP V internal)
- 2x Serials ports (1 x RS-232, 1 x TTL levels)
- Audio IN
- Audio OUT
- Video IN (video composite signal PAL or NTSC)
EKP V COCKPIT DOCKING STATION offers Two Mounting Solutions:
The two models are the same size - 164.4 x 106.8 mm cut in the panel is required - external frame measures 172 x 110 mm.
1. Cockpit Docking Station Standard featuring 4 USB connection, 2 serial connections, audio input and output, video input.
- The Standard Version connects bare wires via a sping loaded clamp board for easy installation without the need for soldering
2. Cockpit Docking Station OEM featuring 4 USB connection, 2 serial connections, audio input and output, video input.
- The OEM Version connects via a DB-15 pin D-Sub connector that requires soldering bare wires onto the D-Sub plug connector.
|Unit Of Measure
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Flight Store Pty Ltd users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.
Others Also Bought
More From This Category